Table of Contents
Factors influencing topical authority
- 🤔 When receiving feedback or criticism, it’s important to consider whether the situation being described is actually true or not before responding.
- 📚 Different communities have different preferences when it comes to content consumption, with some preferring in-depth and complex information, while others prefer simplicity.
- 💡 Outranking websites like Healthline or WebMD for scientific topics can help gain the trust of search engines, leading to higher rankings and the potential to replace other websites during core algorithm updates.
- 💡 Search engines are placing more emphasis on internal factors, such as semantics and user behavior, rather than relying solely on external factors like backlinks, in order to determine the quality and authority of a website.
- 💡 “When it comes to topical authority, as I said, three years ago, majority of the industry didn’t believe that, even some of them actually blamed Matt. Today it became, as I say, a buzzword.”
- 📈 Search engines put websites in a ranking state and corridor, limiting their rankings within a certain range until a core update allows them to skyrocket or move to a new corridor.
- 😮 Google prioritizes consensus and suppresses alternative health information, as seen during medical updates and the COVID pandemic, potentially limiting diverse perspectives and opinions.
Strategies for achieving topical authority
- 💡 The approach to topical authority involves generating questions from keywords and focusing on creating a comprehensive knowledge base, rather than just targeting search volume.
- 📝 Implementing various rules for article writing, such as matching modality and question templates, can greatly improve the quality and relevance of the answer.
- 📷 According to Koray Tuğberk Gübür, when starting a website that reviews DSLR cameras, it is important to use lexical semantics, compare different types of cameras, and create “versus” sections to suggest the specific camera being reviewed.
- 🌍 The challenge of topical authority lies in the endless amount of information available, requiring well-defined borders and prioritizations.
- 🤔 Topical authority is not always about topics, but also about content formats and query templates, such as “how-to” or “X versus Y,” which can help in ranking for a wide range of queries from different topics.
- 🤔 The strategy of creating subdomains for individual brands under the gymdesk.com website allows for shared rankings and increased visibility, benefiting both the gym management software and the trainers using the platform.
The key idea of the video is that optimizing website content for topical authority can help smaller websites outrank larger ones in search engine rankings by focusing on consistency, high quality, and creating a small topical map.
🔍 Koray Tuğberk Gübür, an SEO expert, discusses the concept of topical authority and shares case studies, acknowledging the difficulty in understanding his content but striving to make it clearer and actionable for listeners.
- Koray Tuğberk Gübür, an SEO newcomer endorsed by industry experts, discusses the concept of topical authority and shares case studies, but his content can be confusing and difficult to follow, so the interviewer strives to make it clear and actionable for listeners.
- Koray Tuğberk Gübür, an SEO expert, discusses his experience in the industry, including losing 3,000 websites in a day, transitioning from black hat to white hat SEO, and building his own successful company with over 30 employees.
- The speaker acknowledges and respects the frustration of some viewers who find his content difficult to understand, but mentions that he has started sharing shorter and simpler videos to address this issue.
- The speaker creates short videos with direct instructions to cater to different levels of SEO experience and addresses feedback by providing general feedback and suggestions.
- Understanding topical authority in search engine optimization can be easier if one reads the case studies and historical data, as it helps in grasping the course content and its complexities.
- Topical authority was initially dismissed but is now a popular concept, and the speaker believes in explaining search engine concepts in a more in-depth manner, even though it may not appeal to everyone.
🔍 Topical authority is about optimizing website content to rank higher in search engines, allowing smaller websites to outrank larger ones by focusing on consistency, high quality, and creating a small topical map.
- Typical authority is about optimizing a website’s content so that search engines can understand it easily and rank it higher, allowing smaller websites to outrank larger ones and gain the trust of search engines through consistency and high quality.
- To establish topical authority and compete against larger websites, the speaker emphasizes the importance of creating a small topical map and focusing on the benefits and quality of the product, using examples of a luxurious water brand and its connection to health websites.
- Outranking a main global authority for a specific topic makes it easier to outrank others, as search engines prefer to focus on smaller indexes of high-quality websites to decrease costs and create more quality search engine result pages.
- Search engines are now focusing more on internal factors such as semantics and user behavior to determine the quality of content, rather than relying solely on external factors like links, making it cheaper, faster, and less risky to prove oneself as an authority in a specific topic.
- Topical authority is a debated concept in SEO, with some believing in its importance and others skeptical due to the ease of gaming on-site factors, but it has become a buzzword in the industry and there are various approaches to achieving it, such as creating a topical map.
- Use programmatic SEO on a new website by targeting specific query templates to achieve low-cost and effective results.
💡 Topical authority is worth considering in SEO, as it involves generating questions from keywords, creating a knowledge base, and addressing information gaps, while also focusing on monetization and optimizing site structure.
- Topical authority is not always necessary, as influencers may not prioritize innovation and may receive reverse feedback, but it is still worth considering and discussing with others.
- In this video, the speaker discusses the concept of topical authority in SEO and explains the differences between traditional SEO strategies and their approach, which involves generating questions from keywords, focusing on creating a knowledge base, and addressing information gaps rather than keyword gaps.
- Financial advisors can help families achieve financial independence by following specific rules for article writing and designing content to match question phrases, while also focusing on monetization and ranking signals.
- To create a website reviewing DSLR cameras and making money, the speaker suggests using lexical semantics to compare different types of cameras, writing versus sections, and exploring related topics like how to use the camera underwater.
- Create specific variations of content, including heating structures, anchor tags, and paragraph design, to optimize site structure and convince search engines to invest more resources into your website.
- Prioritizing the creation of website pages should focus on the core section that can be monetized, such as reviews and roundups, before expanding to other sections, and it is important to link back to the main entity of the website.
📈 Increasing publication frequency, updating content more frequently than competitors, and focusing on high-quality blog posts can improve page rank and topical authority, while staying updated and covering trending topics is crucial for higher rankings.
- Prioritizing and setting boundaries is necessary when discussing topics because there is no end and people often struggle with knowing what to prioritize or when to stop.
- Creating a significant difference in quality compared to competitors can help a website outrank them after a core algorithm update, as search engines keep websites within a ranking state and a ranking scale or corridor, allowing for potential traffic gains or losses.
- Increasing publication frequency and updating content more frequently than competitors can lead to a higher ranking state, as evidenced by analyzing competitors’ publication patterns and aiming to publish at least 30% more frequently.
- Publishing high-quality blog posts on the homepage and reducing the total number of URLs can improve page rank and topical authority, leading to better search engine rankings.
- Make the most important portion of your website with a higher quality and suddenly publish it to force search engines to re-evaluate and potentially improve your ranking, which can also happen when changing WordPress themes, as it gives previously non-ranking articles a chance to rank higher.
- Topical authority is not always about specific topics, but also about satisfying certain types of queries, and search engines learn topics from current authorities, so it’s important to stay updated and cover trending topics in order to rank higher.
📚 Creating standardized rules for content production allows for increased speed and decreased cost, while utilizing unique attributes and rare queries can prioritize content; micro-optimizations in SEO are important, but building a strong brand and having branded search queries can protect a website; search engines use adjectives and hype words to rank opinion-based articles and consider reputation and context in online reviews.
- Creating a standardized set of rules for content production, such as starting list items with instructions and using specific nouns, allows for increased speed and decreased cost, as writers can follow these rules for various topics and entities.
- The speaker discusses the process of using unique attributes and rare queries to classify and prioritize content, utilizing a knowledge base with trillions of triples to create connected content through artificial intelligence and programmatic SEO, resulting in a high level of momentum and prioritization by search engines.
- The speaker discusses the importance of micro-optimizations in SEO and predicts that in the future, AI will automate website optimization, potentially causing SEO agencies and content businesses to go bankrupt, but building a strong brand and having branded search queries can help protect a website.
- Brand search demand is crucial for websites to maintain their rankings on search engine results pages, as it indicates user preference and helps Google provide relevant content, making building a brand essential for future success in SEO.
- Search engines use adjectives and hype words to determine the ranking of opinion-based articles, and they create a range of truth based on consensus from top authorities, while also penalizing websites that go against the consensus.
- The speaker discusses the importance of reputation and context in online reviews and mentions a case where negative publicity initially helped with rankings but later had less impact due to the sentiment surrounding the links.
📊 Including anchor text in headings and heating is important for topical authority, case studies show the success of strategic content creation and subdomains, while exploiting weaknesses in top authority sites can lead to easier ranking, but high-quality articles and prioritizing relevant topics are necessary for long-term success.
- Tools like Surfy, COO, and on-page tools can be helpful for handling initial steps in SEO, as they visualize differences and changes, making it easier for people to understand and prioritize topics, especially for non-experienced writers.
- Including anchor text in your headings and heating is important for topical authority as it helps search engines understand the main topic of the page, making it cheaper and faster for them to process and retrieve information.
- The speaker discusses case studies of websites, including gymdesk.com, which utilized topical authority to increase traffic and attract personal trainers and trainees through strategic content creation and subdomains.
- Publishing a large number of templated articles and redirecting an expired domain can increase traffic and rankings, but to maintain permanent success, high-quality articles written by real authors are necessary, and prioritizing relevant topics in the header menu is important for a comprehensive website.
- Exploiting weaknesses in top authority sites and targeting high-impression sections can lead to easier ranking and reclassification in search results.
- Having 100 visits is not enough for A/B testing to be effective; a higher amount of traffic is typically required.
🔍 Focus on sentence structures, internal links, and anchor texts to establish topical authority, create a heading list with subtopics, and use supplementary content and internal links to expand your content and improve rankings.
- Focus on sentence structures, internal links, and anchor texts in your main content to establish topical authority, especially when dealing with topics related to glasses and eye health.
- To expand your content and improve rankings, create a heading list with subtopics and use the bottom part of the page for supplementary content and internal links.
- The interview discussed topical authority and its benefits for search engine optimization, and provided various platforms where people can follow the speaker and learn more about the topic.
- Planning your website with a topical map focuses on filling information gaps rather than keyword gaps, allowing search engines to efficiently find and serve relevant information, and by establishing a higher quality tier, you can increase your chances of ranking higher in search engine results.
- Publishing high-quality content consistently and strategically pruning and adding pages can help a website move up in Google’s tier list and outrank larger authority sites for relevant queries.
- The speaker emphasizes the importance of structuring headlines and sentences to match the query and optimize for feature snippets, using content templates for consistency and control over the final product.
💡 The speaker discusses their main takeaways from the interview, including the interesting but sometimes overcomplicated information shared, the case studies that may not accurately reflect revenue growth, and their appreciation for the speaker’s thoughts on core updates in SEO.